Monday, October 12, 2009

A Quick Update...

I don't have time for much today other than to give a quick update about the twins.  We got a phone call this morning from AGCI letting us know that one of the girls has been hospitalized due to pneomonia.  Apprarently she was admitted late yesterday (along with another little baby from the orphanage).  Because it was late in the day, the pediatrican had already left, so the only discussion about the severity of her condition with Almaz, our orphanage's director, was with nurses.  Meaning, she was given little to no information, apparently.

Right now, it's late in Ethiopia.....around 11:00pm or so.....and AGCI told us we should hopefully get an update tomorrow with some more specific information.  Hopefully, she (and the other baby too) were seen by the pediatrican today.  Michael and I really have no idea the kind of care she will get in the hospital, so we asked AGCI about that, and they told us they feel confident the hospital has the means to treat pneomonia, so that is reassuring.  But, what exactly that means I have no idea. 

This news has hit both Michael and me like a ton of bricks.  It has become progressively hard to wait to meet our girls and bring them home, but now to know that one of them is laying in an Addis hospital very sick has me in tears.  This is insanely difficult.

We'll let you know tomorrow when we know something.  PLEASE pray for our "Z" baby in the hospital and also for protection over our other little girl.  Pray for all the little ones at Hannah's Hope as we've been told that many are getting sick, and obviously to point of needing hospitalization for a couple of them.

Love you all.   

7 comments:

The B Family said...

So, so sorry to hear this. Will be lifting your sick baby and entire family up in prayers. Also praying we find out our court dates soon and that our cases will go before the court quickly so that we might travel soon to bring our little ones home.

Tony and Megan said...

Your whole family is in our prayers every night! We are confident that your little one will get better soon and soon you will have them both in your arms! Hang in there!
Love,
the Foxes

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Praying for you!!!! We are in the same boat with our Naomi. Praying for healing for both our girls, and for all those who are looking after them!!!!! Please Lord!

Sara K. Parker said...

I can promise you that I am praying for your little Z tonight, and will continue to pray for her as you receive updates. I can only imagine the fear in your hearts.

Amy said...

Definitely praying for your little one!

Lauren said...

I'm praying for baby Z and for you guys. I hope you get an update tomorrow. I'm praying His peace will be with your family as you wait.

A.H. said...

We are praying for Baby "Z"; and that an update will come soon for you.