Just when I vow to myself I will do a better job journaling on here and keeping up with posting pictures, another month has flown by. Our heads are still spinning, but it's been a month of good memory-making stuff. Near the end of May, we had a family vacation to Arizona & Disneyland with Grammie (Michael's mom) and Michael's brother Brian and his family. We had a really nice time spending a few days of relaxation with them in Arizona and then playing in the Disney craziness with Brian, Kari and our now BIG nephews, Josh & Kit. The kids loved getting to hang out with their cousins. Say what you want about Disney, but there is just something amazing and HAPPY about Disneyland. It was a really great trip!! There are over 350 pics from Disneyland and that's after much thinning down. So, I've put a few on here to see, but if you want to see the whole album, you can check it out by clicking on the "Disneyland 2009" link in the "Links to our Photos" section on the right hand side.
Tinkerbell was a favorite - we got to meet her in the new Pixie Hollow
Meeting Tinkerbell was the first thing Emma did in Disneyland. She and Michael spent the first 1 1/2 hours of the morning at the a doctor's office getting diagnosed with an ear infection. She had just gotten her meds right before meeting Tinkerbell. On our first trip to Disneyland in 2008, Jake and I both had bad ear infections. Ear infections seem to be a part of the Disney experience for the Andersen family.
And the week after getting home, Emma had her dance recital, "One World." It's an all day thing with two shows (at noon and 4pm). She did two dances in each show and I was backstage with her for one of them. It was a fun and exhausting day.
And because life wasn't moving fast enough (please note the sarcasm), we planned a very last minute trip to the coast the week after her dance recital. Last minute meaning we booked the condo on Monday night around 8pm and left the next morning. It was our 9th wedding anniversary on June 17th and we spontaneously ran to the beach for a few nights to play with the kids to celebrate. It turned out to be an truly wonderful trip!!! We stayed in a great condo in the Taft district of Lincoln City (way south) and it was SO perfect for us....right on the sand, quiet, comfortable and cheap to boot. We played in the sand most of the time, collecting shells, watching the seals, bald eagles and live crabs. The weather was beautiful, we were relaxed, the kids had a blast digging, exploring and playing.....thank you Lord for such a blessed trip.
I started out this summer praying to God that I would have the discernment to know what to say no to and what to say yes to - in terms of activities, serving opportunities, social stuff, groups, trips, etc. Last summer was crazy busy and I really didn't want to replicate that pattern this summer. I've always had (and continue to have) a bad tendency of saying yes to too many opportunities because everything sounds so purposeful, fun, interesting, needing of help, etc. etc. Well, truth be told, I haven't done a great job of saying no yet this summer. We've been going and going and going and now July is here and it's already a tad packed. But, Michael and I have had the wonderful provision of a weekly bible study (me on Monday, Michael on Saturday) and that has kept us centered this summer. God is so good - He knew we needed that. So, while we're not doing any better at keeping a "balanced" schedule this year (big sigh) we're enjoying ourselves amidst our self imposed chaos. :-)
Summer rocks.







No comments:
Post a Comment