Emma has been asking some amazing questions lately - catching us totally off guard and really showing us just how much her mind and heart are growing and maturing!! It's also really motivating Michael and me to always be prepared to answer some important questions with only a moment's notice. Here are just some of the questions I can remember......
"In the ground, what is under the street?" (I answer - lots and lots of dirt). She then asks, "What is under all that dirt? Why is it there?" (I answer - lots and lots of really really hard rock and stone. God put it there when he made the earth). She then asks, "Is it the kind of rocks that you can break with a really really big hammer?"
"Do teenagers have mommies & daddies?"
"Can I go up to heaven with our kitty Bailey? Will he ever come back down here with us?"
"Is Ethiopia next to Africa?"
"Why did my friend's dog have to die?"
"Why does Daddy go to work?"
"Why is that man standing next to our car with a sign? What does the sign say?" (This was in reference to a pan handler standing on the freeway off-ramp).
"Who made God? God made everything, but who made Him? I want to see Jesus' eyes - why can't I see them?"
14 years ago







1 comment:
Eeeee. Those sorts of questions really send you running for some backup, don't they? Sort of like "So, Mama, how does heaven work?" Which Emily sprung on me when she was about Emma's age. Gasp. I'll get right on that! I've become fond of referring most natural science questions to Scott -- it's his fault; he's the biology degree holder! kris
Post a Comment