Monday, December 22, 2008

It's a Marshmellow World!

"The Snowman's Dance" is back again this year and our Emma was a marshmellow!! She was SOO incredibily excited for the peformance. I was a backstage mom for the noon performance and then got to watch her dance at the 4:00pm show. She actually knew her steps and had a pretty smile on her face to boot!! The song they danced to was "It's a Marshmellow World."

Coloring and playing to pass the time between her time on stage and the other groups dancing.


Here's her hair....once again, I had to spend a good deal of time getting it just right. Big barrel curls and LOTS of hair spray to make it stick. Thanks Nancy for the little propane curling iron you got me back in high school! It's finding some good use again now! :-)
Still waiting to go on stage - enough time to get a shot of us together.
Emma and a few of her fellow marshmellows - there were 9 of them total.
Anna's mom Susan pulled out the Polly Pockets and a fast circle formed around them. I couldn't get over how cute they all looked huddled together.
Here's a shot of what it looks like backstage.
Emma was very excited to get her flowers after the show (now that she realizes all the families give the girls flowers after the dance) and leave it Mikey to make a marshmellow bouquet for our marshmellow dancer. There was a good 3-4 inches of snow on the ground by the time we went home Saturday night.
I know I've complained sometimes about the amount of time these performances take, the dual shows, the being backstage for hours, etc. etc, but I do have to say that it's SO fun to watch Emma do these dances. Sure, she and all the dancers are so cute, but I think it's because she just lights up when she's doing it! She truly does love to do this dancing and watching her enjoyment makes me love it too. This dancing world is a foreign to me, but I'm starting to figure it out. It was a fun time this year!!!

2 comments:

the Skips said...

that bouquet is so stinkin' cute and creative. way to go Mikey!

Eddie Franz said...

Mike and Melissa .. I'm officially a follower of your blog. Hope you were able to put the marshmallows to good use, like some rice krispy treats. Have a good one.