Friday, December 25, 2009

A Final Farewell from the Airport......

Here we are at the Portland Airport, just an hour away from taking off……..



What a great morning we had. Cuddled with the kids in bed, stayed in our jammies and had a yummy breakfast with them and then we loaded up and here we are.




It was MUCH harder than I thought it would be leave Emma & Jake. I tried my hardest not to cry as I hugged and kissed them all over. Emma was completely aware of what was happening, but Jake really was unaffected. They both did amazing – didn’t cry or whine – even though I know my Emma was a little pensive. Oh my gosh, I already miss them so much.

Larry, my stepdad drove us up the airport while my mom stayed with the kids.  Thank you so much Mom.....the only reason I can leave with any peace is because I know you're with them.  The Delta counter was a zoo, but we got through it pretty quickly. Larry helped us with the baggage & donation tubs. And UNBELIEVABLY, the Delta woman who was assisting with checking in our bags waived the fee for the donations!!!!!!!!!! After two weeks of trying to work with NWA/Delta, even driving up to the airport last week to plea with them to waive the fees with no success, with almost no pleading at all, Delta waived the fees for the orphanage tubs this morning. THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, I started crying all over again and thanked the woman over and over. What an amazing gift that was, right from the start.

So, we’ve hugged Larry goodbye and thought I would take these last few free moments to put up a few pictures from this morning, mostly so the kids can see them. We love you all – thank you so much for your prayers, phone calls, cards, hugs, support and love for us. We are incredibly humbled them all.






Sitting on all the luggage to be loaded


Our last picture as a family of four!!!!!


Larry and Michael waiting in line at the check in counter,
holding onto our tubs of donations.....






Off to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia……..see you in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Can't wait to see that pic of family of 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stutzman's Eight By Grace said...

What a blessing with the donations! We are over the moon excited for you and can't wait to meet the girls!

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

OMG....praying and thinking of you...can't wait to read your next post!!! God Bless!!

Karen
adopting 2 kiddos form ET
www.hernkekid.blogspot.com