Thursday, December 17, 2009

Baths, Bottles & Sun Bathing........Oh My!

Last week, we got an update about the girls' height, weight, temperment & schedule to help us prepare in packing for them and for what they could be "like" when we meet them for the first time.  Here's some of the information we got:

**They are both a little over 2 feet long.
**They are both over 12 lbs.
**They are wearing 3-6 months clothing and probably size 2 diapers.

Here is their daily schedule:

o 6-6:30 AM: Wakes up, this is followed by a bottle
o 6:30 AM: Bath
o 8 AM: Bottle
o 8--9 AM: Nap
o 9 -11:40 AM: Outside playing/laying in the sun, massage, etc.
o 11:40 AM: The babies go inside for a nap and bottles in the living room/nursery
o 4:30 PM: Upstairs for a bath until 5:30 PM and pajamas.
o 6:30 PM: Bottle after bath and bedtime
o 10-11 PM: Wake up and bottle, diaper change, etc.
o Wakes up 3-4 times per night for diaper changes and for bottles.

Holy moly!!  Did you catch all that like we did?   Two baths a day?  Massage?  Laying in the sun?  Are they living in an orphanage or day spa?  Oh my word - I hope they are going to be happy in cold Oregon where their mommy and daddy will try hard to bathe them every other day and where the sun can disappear for days or weeks!!!!!!! 

Their schedule just makes Michael and me smile.  In addition to their schedule, we were also given this information about their personality:

Zinash is a content baby most of the time.
Zuriash is sweet and adorable.

Both babies are growing a hundred miles per hour. They love to always have the special mothers faces near them, talking to them and giving them attention. The are fun and strong willed, requiring a lot of energy to entertain them and carrying them around.

They sounds as if they are wonderful, happy, "normal" babies!!!!!  Strong willed - that's normal for us - they will fit right in with our Emma & Jakey.  :-)  We CANNOT WAIT to see for ourselves!!

Prior to getting this update from our agency, we also got an email from a woman that traveled to the orphanage over Thanksgiving.  Here is what she said about our girls:

"I was able to spend lots of time at Hannah's Hope with other children and I did meet your twin girls. They were very sweet, I can't remember exactly how old they were, 4 months ??? They seemed perfect to me, very responsive, they giggled and smiled when I interacted with them. I held both of them and they enjoyed being held and snuggled. Some of the babies were frightened by our white faces but yours didn't seem bothered at all. I can't quite remember if I fed either of them a bottle but I know that I was really impressed with the love and attention that all the babies were receiving and I did specifically talk to my friend about how well I thought your two were doing.  I think you are very lucky, they looked just beautiful."

What a blessing this email was!  And in the same week, a wonderful AGCI family sent us a cute little video of the girls so we could see them!!!!!!!!!  That was SO awesome to see!  They both looked so healthy and happy and I was so overwhelmed to see them alive and moving. 

Michael and I are doing pretty good in balancing the preparations to leave and trying to stay calm and relaxed to enjoy Christmastime with the kids.  I am really busy at work preparing to be on leave until May, Michael is working hard to keep his business in order while we're away, Emma's school is winding down and there seems to be an endless list of things to do/buy/pack/coordinate before we go.......there really are no free moments, other than we have blocked out this upcoming Saturday and Christmas Eve day and night for just the four of us.  Looking foward to having those days with Em & Jake.

7 short days until we leave and just 9 short days until we will hold the girls in our arms forever.

God....you are so good.

8 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooo excited for you both and an update means the world!!!!

Can't WAIT to see those precious babes in your arms!!!

JonesEthiopia said...

It's getting so close... I can hardly believe it myself! We, too, are starting to do all those last minute things that need to be done before we leave!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all! :)

milreb said...

Oh my goodness. We are leaving a week from today!! I do not know how to prepare to be gone from work this long. Maternity leave until May is incredible! Have a great last weekend. :)

Betsy said...

Hey- I found your blog through the Jones'. We are finishing up our dossier to adopt with AGCI. Your families story is very interesting to me... we originally requested infant girl, then asked about changing our parameters to siblings. But our youngest if 3, so they said that the chance of having 2 siblings under 2.5 or so would be very rare. But then mentioned something about only 5 sets of twins in 20 years or something... Anyway, congrats, I know you are super busy right now but I would love to ask you more about your families experience when you have time! Blessings,
Betsy
betsyandchad@mail.com

Stutzman's Eight By Grace said...

Oh Man I am SO excited for you all ! They sound so healthy and sweet! Can't wait to see more pictures and to see them in person!

Eastiopians said...

What busy little babies! :) Can't wait for you to have them in your arms! They are sooooooooo cute!

Ron & Maria said...

So excited for you! You're going to love the 'baby spa'! I guess it is hard to believe that orphanage babies can receive such love and attention! Take lots of pics, and enjoy the moments - we'll be watching for next part of your journey to unfold!
Maria

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

Your post from today just melts my heart. I can't wait to see pictures of them someday...soon:) Hang in there mommy & daddy....they will be home soon...FOREVER!!!

God Bless!!
Karen
adopting 2 kiddos from ET
www.hernkekid.blogspot.com